Moving the Bay Area
Bay Area Public Transportation Providers have collectively developed this health and safety plan to bring the region’s public transportation providers together around transit-related health and safety standards and mitigations.
Video can’t be displayed
This video is not available.
- Identify consistent health and safety standards for public transportation customers to do and public transportation providers to implement as the Bay Area eases out of the COVID-19 stay-at-home order
- Clarify expectations and responsibilities of transit customers and transit providers
- Recommend communication strategies and key messages to promote public transportation customer and provider compliance with and support for mitigations.
Scope of Plan
- Applies to Bay Area public transportation providers (non-aviation) including rail, bus, ferry, paratransit, demand response and micro-transit
- Limited to COVID-19 recovery efforts and mitigations
- Covers public transportation services provided both directly by the public transportation providers and those provided under contract
- Flows down mitigations from public transportation providers to contractors, as needed.